Friday, February 17, 2012

Star Wars? Star Wars!


I've been talking a lot about my YA fiction lately, but I've also written a couple Star Wars novels, including this one, which comes out in mass market paperback this month.

I was in New York yesterday on business, meeting with old friends and new at Random House to discuss upcoming projects for next year. I can't tell you anything about it now, but in the meantime, I did manage to pick up a little souvenir from the tenth floor that I've had my eye on for some time. Here it is, in a place of honor in my office.



This is a custom-made Death Trooper helmet created by the Empire State Garrison of the 501st. They built it to use in the trailer that we made for Death Troopers a couple years ago. Very cool, and handy for scaring away trick or treaters on Halloween when the candy runs out.

In other Star Wars related news, if zombies are your thing, you should check out concept artist Kai Lim's interpretation of Death Troopers.


Now that's scary. Meanwhile, watch this space for details of what's to come.

2 comments:

  1. Red Harvest and Death Troopers are my favourite books of all time. I really wish that they were adapted into films, though the audio books do them some justice. Nobody is on your level atm with Star Wars. So gritty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Joe Schreiber,
    My name is Victor Ramirez and I’m an eighth-grade student. During a recent book report I had come across one of your books called Star Wars: Death Troopers. I enjoyed how the book was full of suspense since a plague killed nearly all the imperials on a Star Destroyer that could support about 10,000 personal. The suspense increases when the dead rise and chase the living from narrow hallways to vast hangers. Trig Longo was the youngest in the group and he fights to stay alive with an unlikely band of survivors.
    The book thought me how I need to trust during difficult times. I have been wondering why the group hadn’t gone back to destroy the infested ship? Also, has the infection reached a planet? The book was a great balance of Star Wars and a zombies book. Your work is great keep it up!
    Sincerely,
    Victor Ramirez

    ReplyDelete